Meet Warren Miller
A Lifelong Howard County Resident
As a child, I was a member of Boy Scout in Troop 882 in Polar Springs, and was active in Howard County 4-H. My summers were spent working extensively at the Howard County Fair supporting the poultry exhibit.
After graduating from Glenelg High School (following my formative education years at Lisbon Elementary and Glenelg Middle Schools), I attended Howard Community College and Towson State University. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration in 1987. It was during this time that I became politically active as a member of the Towson University College Republicans.
I currently work as a Manager for Business Development with the Virginia-based TKC Global, and return home to my wife Jane and our children, Laura and Clay, at our small farm in Woodbine.
An Active Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
Since being appointed to the House in 2003, it has been my great honor to go to bat for my constituents with the state regarding concerns from taxes to crime to education and beyond. Whenever I can lend an ear, offer a voice, or help to solve a problem – no matter how small – it makes navigating the daily political quagmire more than worth it.
I currently serve on the following committees and subcommittees:
- Economic Matters Committee
- Property & Casualty Insurance Subcommittee
- Banking, Economic Development, Science & Technology Subcommittee
- Consumer Protection and Commercial Law Subcommittee
- Public Utilities Workgroup
I am also a member of the Joint Advisory Committee on Legislative Data Systems, and serve as the House Chair of the Taxpayer Protection Caucus. I am a member of the Maryland House of Delegates Veterans Caucus.
A Devoted Republican
I am honored to have worked on the campaigns of:
- Congressman Roscoe Bartlett’s successful re-election in 1994 (Campaign Manager)
- President George H. W. Bush in 1988 and 1992;
- Governor George Allen in 1994;
- Senator Robert Dole in 1988 and 1996; and
- numerous Howard County GOP candidates from 1998 to the present, including Governor Robert Ehrlich and Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele.
Throughout the years, I have been active in county politics, and was elected twice to the Howard County Republican Central Committee (1998 and 2002). I served as Vice Chair before accepting the Delegate Appointment. I also served as a member of the Howard County Redistricting Commission in 2001.
During Ronald Reagan’s presidency, I worked as a political appointee in the Office of Presidential Personnel. During President George H. W. Bush’s term, I served in the Office of Presidential Personnel, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Office of Personnel Management.
The Proud Recipient of the Following Honors
- Taxpayers Advocate Award (Maryland Taxpayers Association)
- John Shaw Award (Maryland Business for Responsive Government)
- Named “Guardian of Small Business” (National Federation of Independent Business)